Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Well That Wasn't Good

So, I was all gungho to get on this diet and lose the weight quickly. Instead my self-control crumbled and I have basically been on a wild sugar binge for the last month and a half. I've put on a little weight.

It just wasn't working for me. I guess I'm a rebel... when I try to restrict myself so tightly, I end up rebelling against myself. I am a complicated person.

So, I have gone on to do a lot of research and have actually turned back to my Dr.'s original advice. I bought The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. He's actually located here in my home town. He works with patients that have advanced type 2 diabetes; specifically those with kidney damage. He has done a lot of research into the hormonal causes of obesity and has his patients use intermittent fasting (IF) as a way to take the weight off quickly and safely. It is in combination with a low carb diet. But there are no calorie restrictions.

If you're interested, you can find more information about intermittent fasting at the Diet Doctor website: https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting

There are 5 key components to getting healthy:

1. Stress management
2. Cardiovascular health
3. Rest
4. Fasting
5. Diet

1. Stress Management

If you've followed my story at all you know that anxiety has been a challenge for me. Ironically raised cortisol actually aids in weight gain. So being stressed all of the time can make you fat. I was on meds for my anxiety for a while. Now I'm doing much better and am off of them, but I do not do a very good job of managing stress. So, I will be adding meditation into my daily schedule. Each day I will get up 20 minutes earlier and meditate.

Adding exercise into my routine will help with this as well.

2. Cardiovascular Health

Type 2 diabietes affects heart health so it is vital that I get it under control. So, simply by losing weight and managing my blood sugar levels, I will be increasing my heart health. However, I want to do more than that. I need to add more exercise into my routine. So I am stating here for myself and all to see that I will commit to getting 10000 steps at a minimum of 5 days per week building up to 7 days per week.

3. Rest

This is pretty self-explanatory. I will commit to getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night.

4. Fasting

I will complete 3 23 hour fasting periods per week. This means that I finish eating by 7pm on day 1 and on Day 2 I break that fast at 6pm.

5. Diet

I will not be calorie counting. I will be taking an approach that is low carb and low sugar. I need to add in more green vegetables. I will also be taking a multi-vitamin and topping up my vitamin D and vitamin B.

So, that's the plan. I think the meditation and the exercise will be the toughest parts. I have tried meditating in the past and always feel a little weird about it. I find it tough to focus. I commit to giving it my best. The exercise is something very tough for me. I used to love the gym and lifting weights. My favourite cardio machine was the step machine - you know the one where you climb stairs (not the stair master).. I am so far from that person right now. I need to figure out how to work full time, be a mom and find time in my day to exercise.

I need to get this under control if I want any quality of life later on.

3 comments:

  1. good concept post.. thanks for sharing and also check for top fertility centre in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete


  3. prime male vitality complex amazon and super male vitality alex jones wikiwalmart herb pharma male sexual vitality does vitality male take insurance chinese herb for male vitality science of super male vitality super male vitality testosterone test vitality reddit foods for male vitality Asian red ginseng extricate: This normal think is a wellspring of minerals and supplements that help to fabricate sharpness and upgrade absorption for better sexual limit. Ginkgo Biloba extricate: This trademark and characteristic fixing diminishes challenges in achieving an erection and lessens inopportune release. This is in like manner important for improving low drive size and it also decreases low testosterone level. It in like manner gets rid of weight and downfall.
    http://www.cureidea.com/vitality-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete