Sunday, March 29, 2020

Coronavirus: Self-isolation Day 16

It’s been a while since I last posted, but I am having some feelings about this global pandemic that I need to work out. And since I have basically journaled the most difficult times of my life, I return to my safe spot to blather.

So, I am scared. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. I have basically been working on managing it by diet. And for the past few months I haven’t been doing a very good job of that. I am obese and have type 2 diabetes. So I am in the category of people who when they get Coronavirus they get it worse than the average person

This terrifies me. I have been cleaning like a fiend. My kitchen is cleaner than it has ever been. I
disinfect the door knobs, light switches, doors, basically any surface that we touch throughout the day.  I have been the person going out to get our groceries, or running to the pharmacy for my father in laws prescriptions.

So any cough or stuffy nose I have sends me into a spiral of anxiety. I am manically taking my temperature every day.

On top of this my husband is just getting over shingles and has hurt his right knee. So he is hobbled and can’t really do our running around.

G is 9 now and in grade 4. She is at home since school has been cancelled indefinitely for this school year. So I am scheduling her time and trying to home school her.  

Oh and did I mention I was laid off in November?  The bank I worked for let 5% (2350) of its employees go. My package lasts until the end of April. So after that I will no longer be paid.

Just a little stress in my life right now. And it is all underlined with the fear that I will get this virus and die.

Oh but it’s my birthday next Saturday - so something to look forward to I guess.

Hmm I feel like I have just dumped everything out of my mind here. Kind of feels good!

I have to set goals for myself for however long we are in isolation. So I am going to fast 16:8 every day, limit carbs, get some movement in every day and try to stay sane.

How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! These are crazy times, and it sounds you are dealing with even more than most.

    I am still working full-time (remotely) while now having my sons home 24/7. It's been challenging for me. They are doing fine -- they actually told me that they prefer doing school with Mommy -- but I am struggling to get everything done and have little time to myself. (My husband is still working full-time and going to his office every day.)

    Oh, and I had a heart attack last November and have (managed) high blood pressure, so I am also at higher risk of complications if I catch this virus. My goal is to avoid it until a vaccine is found, but I don't know how realistic that is.

    Glad to see a post from you, even under such circumstances!

    ReplyDelete