Sunday, April 5, 2020

Coronavirus: self-isolation Day 23

Today is my 49th birthday. Social distancing doesn’t allow for much fanfare at all. My aunt stopped by and left homemade cinnamon rolls on the porch and then she went back to the curb and sang me happy birthday. We had a FaceTime call with my parents and my brother and his family. Last night I had a zoom call with some friends and played online cards against humanity. It was great to see everyone.

The weird thing is that last night I ran fever. I was sure I had the virus. Then today my temp was completely normal. I think it was a psychosomatic fever. I had gone out to pick up groceries that I had ordered then I had to stop in a store to pick up a few items. The store allowed too many people inside and I felt unsafe. I have been terrified that I am going to get this thing and that it will kill me.

Add that stress on top of the stress of being out of work (I got a rejection notice yesterday during the day). And then add in having to be cooped up in a house with a head strong child that is flexing her independence and a husband that has been sick or injured for the last 3 months.  I don’t think I have been handling my stress very well.

So I am going to add some meditation into my day and try to figure out how to get a little more exercise as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your rejection notice. I think meditation is a great idea; it helps me.

    P.S. I turned 49 on my recent birthday too (March 21). I didn't realize that you and I are so close in age.

    ReplyDelete