I told H this morning on our way to work that I am feeling so excited about trying again. This is different than in the past. Last year at around this time we started thinking about going the FET route and I was happy, but I had a lot of questions about what could happen, what could go wrong etc. I wasn't able to get past them to seeing what I really wanted.
A lot of those same questions are there, but the regret of not trying really outweighs them.
This isn't a sure thing by any means; there's about a 30% chance for success. The freezing technique that they used is pretty old school which doesn't help. I have to research what that does to the quality of the embryos. They had a policy of only freezing the very best graded embryos - on our fresh cycle we got 7 eggs, 5 made it to 5 day blasts, we transferred 2 and the 3 remaining all made it to freeze.
So, that makes me hopeful that they will survive thaw.
H. will not be travelling with me, so there could be quite a quandary if all 3 survive thaw. I will have to decide how many to transfer... after our last experience I am a little gun shy about transferring more than one. I guess I will cross that bridge if/when I get to it.
If I am lucky enough to get pregnant and eventually have a healthy baby, then Little G will have a sibling that matches her genetically. Same donor etc. It would be great for her to have a sibling she can turn to that is the same as her.
You can't dictate how siblings will interact, but I hope that if there is a sibling for her, that they will be in each other's lives as they grow up and are adults.
All this is to say that I am excited and happy about going forward. I know there could be a big fall in the future if this doesn't work, but for now I'm content to feel how I feel.