Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Quick Update

Of course my body is not co-operating now that I have decided to go forward with a FET.

Oh, sorry! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Let me back up a step or two. Christmas was a ton of fun for G this year. She totally gets the whole Santa thing and was so excited for him to come to our house. Unfortunately I ate something weird on Christmas Eve and got a lovely gastro attack. It ruined Christams day for  me - I didn't end up going to Christmas dinner.

We don't have any plans for New Years this year - usually we go to the Toronto Zoo where they have a kids' new years event, but not so this year. We are going to head out and watch the Penguins of the Madagascar later today. I will buy some appies for dinner, we have some sparkling wine and assuming we make it to New Years we'll have that to celebrate with.

Anyway, now back to my screwy body! I am supposed to start taking BCP as soon as I get my period. Well, I haven't really had a period in a while. When we were in Jamaica in November I had some spotting and since then that's been it. It's been over a month since then. I guess I'm into early menopause/perimenopause right now. I know I'm not pregnant.

The clinic told me to let them know if I still hadn't got it by the end of December and then they would give me further instructions from there. I emailed today and my consultant is out of the office until Monday so now I just wait in limbo.

With all of this waiting I have been having some second thoughts about going through with this. Do I really want to be 50 with a 5 or 6 year old? I am scared of the unknown. But, I want to try to have one more. I still want to do it.

Anyway, that's my quick update. I hope the holiday season is treating you well!

Wishing you a prosperous, healthy & happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment