Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One Last Kick at the Can

DH and I had a potentially life-changing conversation today at lunch. I told DH that I want to use our frozen embryos that we have in Brno. I said that I know I will regret not trying again. And, without having to go any further, DH agreed. Well, he agreed if we look at our finances and we can make it work.

After our conversation, I went back to work with a big smile on my face. I had a feeling that we'll just make it work financially. I know I will do whatever I can to make it work.

Then closer to the end of the day I got an email from H with the subject line "kids names". I think we're really going to do this.

We won't do it until closer to the end of the year because we are both starting new jobs right now. We both need to get established where we are. Also, by waiting it allows Little G to age a little be more which will lower our daycare costs for her.

So, it looks like we'll be briefly back on the IF roller coaster. There won't be a fresh cycle after this. Either this FET works or we're done. I really really hope it works!

The FET rates at the clinic in Brno are not stellar so I'm not sure what our shot is. All I know is that there are 3 frozen embryos of the highest quality waiting for us.

Oh, and we are not going to tell anyone. I don't want the pressure of everyone knowing what's going on and having to let everyone in on the result. Hopefully, we're lucky enough to tell people after the fact with some good news.

1 comment:

  1. This is AMAZING!!! Can I tell you I really had the feeling this was going to happen? I'm so so thrilled for you my friend, I know it won't happen for a while, but still it's a great thing to look forward to!!!